Burnside HS Moodle Home
Burnside High School has 2 teams entered in the Electric
Michael Perry, Josh Lowe, Jonathan Mckay, Tony Lee and Armand Le Roux
Click the image below to see more info about this event at Ruapuna on Sunday.
0-100 km/h in 1 second... yes one second!
Tickets at school office $20 or at the gate $25 on the day (kids free)
The Year 10 Marae trip, postponed earlier because of a tangi, is now confirmed for this Wednesday 26 November.
The bus will leave school at 8.15am and return by 2.30pm. Lunch is provided.
Students need to bring a bottle of water and a koha to thank our hosts for having us.
Please check you email for permission slips or collect from Student Office. We need numbers by the end of interval on Tuesday for booking bus and catering.
I hope to see all Maori students attend. If you have a clash with your Antarctic Trip we will arrange for you to go another day.
Nga mihi, Mrs Sidaway
The PTA are having a spring social this year and invite all of the Burnside High School Community to a night of comedy with the Scared Scriptless improvisation team from The Court Theatre. What else do you need to know?
- The show is one night only - Wednesday 19th November 2014 at 7:30 pm in the Aurora Centre.
- This is a social opportunity for everyone (R13) - students, staff, parents, friends & family.
- Scared Sciptless is Australasia’s longest-running comedy show.
- The Court Jesters will bring their peculiar brand of comedy and skills to Burnside High School.
- The bar will be open, so if you are fortunate enough to still look under 26, please bring ID.
- All tickets are $15 and only available from the student office.
- When you buy a ticket you will be asked to nominate a form class - the class that sells the most tickets will be rewarded with a pizza lunch and 200 divisional points, the runners up get class ice creams and 100 divisional points!
Get a group together (or come alone and make friends) and buy your tickets, then get ready to laugh the night away.
(Edited by Bernadette Shaw - original submission Thursday, 16 October 2014, 1:15 PM)
All the very best of luck to all students who are sitting NCEA exams through until December 2nd.
A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR CANTERBURY YOUNG PEOPLE Dec 11-12. We've a great line up of speakers including Carl Pavletich of Fab Lab, Lan Pham of Working Waters Trust, Netta Egoz of Pecha Kucha, Sharon McIver from Our Daily Waste, Emma Johnson from Project Freerange .... and more tba. Day two is all about field activities with 5 great experiences to choose from. The event is FREE - you can register for both days or just one and even stay overnight at the marae should you wish. More details www.ecan.govt.nz/youthsummit