BURNSIDE HIGH SCHOOL ZONE
Please click the link below for the full Uniform Requirements
Year 13 Dress Code 2015
Currently Year 13 students may CHOOSE to wear appropriate mufti instead of their school uniform provided that they abide by the Dress Code.
This practice seeks to recognise the transition to the world of work and study. But, while the school respects individual difference and taste, Year 13 students must be mindful of the leadership role they have in the wider school.
1. At all times, students must:
- be clean, tidy, respectable and show good judgement in terms of appropriateness for a school environment
- not have underwear showing below, above or through clothing
- not be threatening or offensive to others
- not have clothing with rips or holes
- not wear sports gear, except for when changed for PE or sport.
2. Boys MUST be clean shaven (ie NO beards, moustaches, long sideburns).
- is required to be worn at all times
- jandals are not acceptable (includes rubber and leather jandals)
- heels should not be excessively high
- closed in shoes are required in labs, kitchens & workshops for safety reasons.
4. Caps and hats are not to be worn inside.
5. Jewellery and makeup is acceptable if it is discreet and appropriate for a work environment.
6. Body piercing, which is externally visible, is considered inappropriate in the school environment (eg. Nose, lip, chin and eyebrow rings/studs are not to be worn).
7. Hair should be clean, tidy and clear of the face.