- Topic 2
AS91205 - Internal Assessment
Our first internal assessment for 2013 is AS91205 - understanding the relationship between aspects of the Classical world and aspects of other cultures. The instructions for this assessment are below (you have been issued these in class). You will also find below the PowerPoint that your teachers have worked through as a guide to help you on the assessment.
- Topic 4
- Topic 6
KEY QUESTION: How did art develop over time in ancient Greece? The key to understanding art is that it does not develop in isolation. Ask yourself these questions when viewing the timeline:
How do different pieces "fit in" together? What was the historical context and how did this affect art? eg. why was it produced? What enabled the production of art and architecture? How does the subject matter reflect what was going on at the time. How is art and architecture a reflection of society- how people lived and what values they held.
- Topic 7
Art in Context:
Make sure you can answer the questions and complete the activies in detail:
Complete the following quizlet quiz to memorise some of the key terms and ideas for Athena and Marsyas + The Tyrannicides.
- Sketch your artwork and provide two other basic facts
- Explain the full story
- Explain the story as it relates to your art work in its historical/mythological/social context
- Examine how the artist tells the story/narrative techniques
- Examine what messages the artist delivers
- Examine why ancient people produced art works with this subject matter.
- Topic 10