Beginner Te Reo Māori Nightclass
Kia ora koutou katoa,
This year I ran a casual te reo Māori nightclass for around half of the year, and lately I have been consolidating my resources to offer a six week course next year.
If you are interested in attending the 2014 course, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and I will put you on the email list for more information. Here are the details for the 2014 class:
- The class is for everyone -
students, teachers, parents, grandparents; anyone willing to
learn. No prior knowledge is necessary.
- The class will be a set 6 weeks long; starting the week of the 3rd of February and ending the week of the 10th of March.
- Lessons will be once a week from 7 - 9pm at Burnside High School.
- Lessons will be on the same day each week; either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I will send an email on Thursday the 12th of December to see what day suits most people the best and email everybody the result.
- The class will be absolutely free. During every lesson there will be a 15 minute break where people will be asked to bring kai if they can, but this is completely optional.
- The class is based heavily on the book He Whakamārama by John Foster which focuses on the grammar of the language; I thoroughly recommend this book and wish to acknowledge John's fantastic work in creating such a valuable resource.
Feel free to check out the website www.akootautahi.
English Teacher at Burnside High School - Te Kura o Waimairi-Iri