Burnside HS Moodle Home

Looking forward to 2015

Picture of Bernadette Shaw
Looking forward to 2015
by Bernadette Shaw - Tuesday, 3 February 2015, 12:36 PM

Welcome to the new school year; and a special welcome to all new students, families and staff members who start their association with the Burnside family in 2015. I look forward to meeting you all. Thank you very much for the warm and generous welcome I have received since my appointment as Principal. I am excited by the prospect of leading Burnside High School, a successful and highly regarded school that engages, challenges and supports students to improve their all-round achievement and their interpersonal skills.

My aim as Principal is to build on these strengths and to enhance our reputation as a successful, sought-after school with outstanding results in many areas. I believe this is about providing an environment that gives our students and staff the opportunity to be great.  And not only great now, but in later life too.

To do this I must first work to earn the confidence, respect and trust of the school community and to prove my worth as an effective Principal and leader of learning. I bring an unshakeable belief in and loyalty to Burnside High School and believe in our ability to provide a quality learning environment for students.

As I join the Burnside family I will model the values of the Burnside ethos: support and encourage the efforts of students and staff at all times; be approachable and available; be visible around the school and in classrooms.

I look forward to working with, for and alongside you all in 2015.

Phil Holstein
Principal